Jolene Radula Wemyss
Jolene Radula Wemyss
  • Huntington Beach, CA

Super Shocked sweet potato transplant

Jolene Radula WemyssDouglas Hunt
+1

my friend gave a transplant but he took straight from his plant. it was not happy at all by the time i got home to plant it. its been 2 days now & looking very sad. is there anything else i can do????

I'm not sure what you mean by a transplant, Jolene. Did you mean he took a cutting? What did you do with it when you got it home?

• Jolene Radula Wemyss

Sorry...he took I guess a cutting but it had roots & he told me to plant it right a way...so I did. Well as soon as I could anyway after preparing the container for it .

All plants go through transplant shock. Make sure the soil is kept moist (but not wet) and try to keep it in a filtered light location for a few days to give it a chance to recuperate.

• Jolene Radula Wemyss

Douglas,thx for your advice but yesterday it was looking so bleak I ended up taking my own cutting from it & putting in water...within 10 mins it was the happiest cutting ever. So were starting fresh & waiting for roots. ;)