Jill B
Jill B
  • Bismarck, ND

Outdoor Pallet Table

I had fallen in love with the famous pallet table that everyone was pinning on Pinterest. I just had to make one. I was concerned however about the slats of a pallet being uneven. I wanted to be able to use it in our backyard serving lemonade and other drinks, but didn't want to worry about the glasses being uneven or things spilling. I found some flat chipboard pallets behind my local newspaper building. I thought they were perfect and nabbed them as quick as I could!!! When I got them home, I stained them with black exterior stain. I cut (4) 4x4 pieces of wood to put between the 2 pallets to give some space for storage. (marshmallow skewers, matches, lighter, etc.) I stained them to. Then I attached the 4x4s to the two pallets with L brackets. Next, I added 4 casters to the bottom so it would be easily moved. I wanted to add a little something to make them mine and special. I painted a border around the edge of the pallet. Then I printed out my two favorite verses and transferred them onto the border area, then painted them in with black craft paint. Next I sealed the table with an exterior polyurethane. I should have sealed the bottom pallet prior to putting them together, but I didn't and it was too hard to do after I had it all assembled. Word to the wise....seal the bottom pallet prior to assembly!!!! You will regret it later! Anyway, that was it. It weathers well and cleans up like a charm. We play our scrabble game on it or enjoy a warm evening with a cold beverage.
Pallet Table
Pallet Table
outdoor pallet table, diy, outdoor furniture, painted furniture, pallet, repurposing upcycling

• Deanna Perata

where did you print the verses from? Love the scriptures!

• Ray11505738

What did I use to make the solid top for your table. Love the verses some of my favorites too
    • Candace

I believe the top is the chip board she mentioned. She stained it with black exterior stain. It looks like granite. I love it. It's the sealant that gives it the glossy look. Just Beautiful.
    • Jill B

Thanks Candace. It was a different type of pallet. I didn't do anything to the pallet except stack two together and put wheels on it. Then painted it.
  • Dawn Letendre Gingras

how many pallets