Nancy Hand
Nancy Hand
  • Enigma, GA

October Glory (I think)

Nancy HandRiggs LaughlinPatricia W
+2

I have a maple and the tips on the branches are dying. I can't remember what it is called?? I don't think there is anything I can do for it. All my others have died. I just thought its my last one and thought I might could sling Holy Water on it or something! :) Can anyone remember what the die back is called?? I can take a pix if need to.
  • 360 Sod (Donna Dixson)

pictures will be helpful

• Patricia W

Yes, photos. There are dozens reasons trees die. Water is is big reason unless the trees are very established, someone nearby spraying weed killer on a windy day ( drift) , bugs, disease,

• Nancy Hand

Here are the pictures. It is well establish. Maples don't do great down south. Its not spray damage,or drought. Its a disease or insect. I can't think of what it is? Brain cramp? lol

• Riggs Laughlin

This an insect which kills plant to germinate.So what do you try doing to it Nancy?

• Nancy Hand

I couldn't remember the name of what is killing it? I would like to save it if possible but I think what ever it has will kill it.