My Kitchen Remodel DIY Butcher Block Countertops

I've been really busy on my kitchen remodel but I'm almost finished. Here are some pictures of my new butcher block cabinets with a thick poly finish. The cost for custom was outrageous so I made my own for a fraction of the cost! So shiny, so easy to care for, and so pretty. You can go to my blog the DIY information at http://pjhdesignsoneofakind.blogspot.com/2012/03/kitchen-remodel-butcher-block-counter.html
Apply heat to remove bubbles in poly
Finished bar
Laying the red oak flooring to make counter tops
Peggy H

• Cornelia Bodo-Price

How has it stood up and what did you do around the sink? Brilliant! Cornelia

• Cornelia Bodo-Price

Hi Peggy - how has it stood up since you did the original install?

• Peggy Hale

Hi Cornelia, It has held up surprisingly well with only a few scratches here and there. I've been very pleased. Oh, I just used a clear caulk around the sink.

• Peggy Hale

Wendy we removed the old counter and replaced it with the oak flooring.

• Jean Myles

Great idea .Your counters look really nice. I need to keep this in mind for when I get to redoing mine. It wont be long I'm just about finish painting my upper kitchen cabinets. Ty for sharing.

• Peggy Hale

@Jean Myles good luck with your kitchen remodel. I'm still loving mine. :)