What Do You Get When You Cross a Vintage Crib End and Chair?...

I create and build furniture, lighting, wall art, folk art, decorative nautical oars, mailboxes, spackle art, whirly gigs, well, pretty much what ever comes to mind, all from re purposed items. Thanks for lookin' :)
First I took the chair apart. It was old and pretty easy to get apart. (Please keep in mind, I did this as I went along. I didn't have a plan).
Take your chair apart until you are left with just the two sides/legs. As a side note: Try to salvage your dowels to use later in the project. Don't worry if they break off near the hole, you can still use what's left.
I cut the back of the chair down to where the red ribbon is. I left this on for added support for the back. Once I cut them down, I lifted up the crib to my desired height, I marked the seat back, then drilled holes for my screws. I like to hide my screw heads, so I measure the width of the dowel to my drill bit and go about 1/4" into the chair wood. Then a smaller drill bit to match the screws I'm using to go all the rest of the way through the chair back. Once you've got all your screws in, simply place the dowel in the hole, mark it flush with the wood and cut off any excess.
I used reclaimed wood for the seat. Because my chair was wider in the front, it gave this bench the same effect. I laid out all my wood across the seat, then drew a line underneath to give me my angles. I just cut them and attached. I left an overhang so I could run a support board across the front, as shown.
My last step was to add a board underneath for stability. I Painted then used a vintage burlap split pea bag as a cushion cover.

• Vintage crib end, vintage chair and reclaimed wood.  (I got the crib ends free from a friend and the chairs were only $5 at a thrift store! I used pallet)

Hide Your Couch's Wear and Tear With These Great Ideas
25 Creative Ways You Can Decorate Using Maps
Old License Plates Lying Around? Check Out These 28 Snazzy Decor Ideas
Cuddling Up At Home With A Bottle Of Wine? Then Try These Projects!
Upcycle Your Old Clothing Items For These Great Ideas!
15 Amazing Things You Can Do With Paint Stirrers
16 Floating Shelves That Will Stun Guests
15 Cute Ways To Decorate Tin Cans Into Planters
Make Your Home a Winter Wonderland With These Stunning Ideas
30 Stunning Ways To Display Your Plants
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile

To see more: http://www.facebook.com/junkdrunkrepurposedstuff

• Liz

Any ideas what to do with the original backs of the chairs? I'm trying to think of something. Possibly a wall hanging? Thanks!

• Elaine Matthews

The back would make a pretty decorative mirror. Also would make a nice wreath for the door, putting a flower arrangement in one corner and maybe adding a bird to mimic a bird cage.

• Priscilla G

In time there will be before, during and after pictures....getting a good clean dry work area fixed.

• KerHerre

Your Very welcome :-)