My Navy Blue Walls - One Room Challenge

I decided to hop on the One Room Challenge train and whip my bedroom into shape. I started by painting the walls Navy Blue.
my navy blue walls one room challenge, bedroom ideas, painting
The color I chose was Hale Navy by Benjamin Moore. I absolutely love it and find that it actually makes the low ceilings in my big bedroom seem considerably higher, which is a definite bonus.
The brass elements I chose as accents will look great against the navy blue, I think. I laid them out on a table cloth to get an idea of what it will look like. Can you believe I got that beautiful original artwork for $5 at my local thrift store?
That little brass apple bell is one of my favorite things ever. It's also a very lucky thrift store find. It was in a bag of "stuff" that I bought for $2, grab bag style!
Hop on over to the blog and read about the 5 things I learned by painting my walls that super dark navy blue!

• Hale Navy Paint  (Benjamin Moore Paint Store)
Marybeth Santos

• Danit Felber

Navy is a hard color to work with in a bedroom, but it looks beautiful

• Marybeth Santos

Thanks Danit! I've been living with it for a while now and I still love it. I think all of the white in the linens helps to keep it from being too dark and cave-like.