Julie B
Julie B
  • Castle Rock, CO
Asked on Apr 16, 2012

Concrete patio, with a slab already in place. Our house came with a 6x6 foot slab and is about 6" high.

KMS Woodworks3po3

Would it be cost effective to have it removed first? I am thinking if we do a step down from that slab, we are losing too much useable space.
  • 3po3

Hi from a couple hours north. I will be down there next month for Elephant Rock. Anyhow, I'm not sure what you are asking. Are you wanting to build a larger patio around this slab? Are you doing the patio DIY?

• KMS Woodworks

If your looking to expand a "patio" type space you could extend this original work with some flag stone and use this slab as the "landing" from the the door area. Concrete demo is possible but a lot of work. If you do decide to demo you could rent a Jack hammer...6x6 is a big enough size, to make the rental cost effective, but not too big to require a back hoe. For some tips on jack hammer use check out this article I wrote. http://www.networx.com/article/how-to-use-a-jackhammer-without-dying