Larose LoganOakes
Larose LoganOakes
  • Annandale, VA

New & Improved Recycled Soda Bottles/Hanging Seedling Rain Chains

$2.00

Well here is round 2. I decided to improve my previous creation by switching the straws with plastic tooth brush holders.The added bonus was that the tooth brush holders already have the holes evenly spaced in the top and bottom for me to run the wires through.This change provided more stability to the hanging soda bottle tops that are holding the soil and the seeds.If you missed the previous posting you
This pic is of my new and improved hanging seedling rain chain and it only has 3 cups instead of 4 like my original one.
Here is a close up of my new & improved hanging seedling/rain chain with 3 cups instead of 4 like my original one.
OK here we are with soil and seeds planted and waiting for them to grow.I will keep you up-to-date on their progress.
Here is another pic of the soil and seeds planted & waiting for them to grow.I will keep you updated on their progress.

• Larose LoganOakes

Hey ScattyLady! I had to look up what a cloche was. I had never heard of that word before.This new and inproved hanging seedling holder is definitely working better than my original one.We have had several days of steady rain here and this holder has held up better than my first one.I hope this works out for you.Part of the reason that I did it like this is because I couldn't find the larger straws in any of our local stores and when I went to the dollar store they had a package that contained 3 toothbrushes as well as the 3 holders so I thought it would work out great. Who could complain about the price?I bought 30 packages. I wasn't quite sure what to do with the 90 toothbrushes so I donated them to the people in Oklahoma,USA that just had a terrible tornado and killed a lot of people.I feel so bad for them.Best of luck to you.

• Vivian Hansen-Aulet

Don't get it, do we need to watch the first post? And if so, could you give us an easy link?