SurgChick
SurgChick
  • Rock Hill, SC

DIY Bathroom Update

Another trip to help Mom update her house. I told her "trust me"...... hahahaha!
Overall: All in the same bathroom - updated cabinets, painted an accent wall, removed the carpet off the side of the Jacuzzi tub and put beadboard.

Details: I personally like the marble counter tops. The floor tile already existing. Cabinets - primed first (oak is slick and grainy and soaks up paint!). Painted it two coats black.
Painted accent wall behind Jacuzzi tub... pictures tell all. Jacuzzi tub - riped the carpet off, removed nails, cleaned it up, etc., measured three times - cut once (Lowe's helped with the beadboard - I had drawings and measurements!), lined with molding, caulked (hand held squeezable kind that didn't have to use the caulking gun).

Left to do: (on another trip....) Frame both mirrors, change light fixture.
diy bathroom update, bathroom ideas, diy
My Mom said it looked bloody....all I did was laugh and then cry because I had to paint over it.....
Sme purple (foreshadow color) on the stairs....(in another post)

• Linda Stone

Your Mom is one fortunate lady to have you as a daughter! I'm sure she knows that. You did a great job. Everything looks great!

• Linda

Love the work you did. I've been trying to find the courage to paint my cupboards (very similar to your mom's) and I think you just gave me the nudge I needed to go through with it! Thanks! Oh and can I just adopt you? LOL What a nice daughter you are.