Hiding an Ugly Shed That Houses Pool Equipment.

We have an eye sore of a pool shed in the back yard that houses the filtration system of the pool. Relocating all the equipment to the side of the house was going to be crazy expensive, what with having to tear up the concrete and run all new plumbing, electricity and gas lines. Definitely not in our budget. So the only option I had was to beautify it, instead, so it wouldn't be such an eye sore!
Here is the eye sore of a shed. So the first thing I did was paint it to a more pleasing color, instead of the muddy brown the previous owners had painted it. I love gray, so that's what I went with.
Doesn't that look so much better already? But I still wanted to have the shed blend in with the surrounding, so I thought I'd build a vertical gardening system on the left part of the shed.
I bought drainage pipes (3 inch diameter) and cut them to 2 foot long sections. Then I capped the ends and drilled 5 circular holes in each one, with drainage holes opposite of each plant hole.
I spray painted the pipes so they wouldn't look stark white against the shed.
I used corner braces, and attached them to the shed. There was an inch overhang on the top side that allowed me to run wire rope through.
I drilled 2 holes on each top end and bottom end of the pipes to run wire rope through. I used a ferrule and stop set for each set of wires and crimped them in place, spacing each pipe 8 inches apart. This keeps them in place.
This is what the vertical gardening system looks like all set up. Time to fill the holes with succulents!
Starting to look cute!
A view of the overhang that I used to string the wire rope through. After all the holes were filled with succulents, I added a few other items I had in my garden to finish off the beautification of the shed.
And here is the shed, all finished. I love how it turned out, and now the shed is a pleasant focal point instead of a sad eye sore. What do you think? I hope you think it looks as nice as I do!

31 Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
15 Stencil Patterns You'll Wish You'd Seen Sooner
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
Instantly Upgrade Your Living Space With These Amazing DIY Ideas
29 Ways To Get A Splash Of Blue In Your House
3 Gorgeous Ideas to Use Photo Frames - and Not for Pictures!
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
3 Easy Ways to Make The Cutest Coasters for Your House
25 Ways You Can Be an Artist - With No Experience Necessary!
Hometalk's Top 10 Spookiest Halloween Picks Of 2017
These Bathroom Makeovers Might Inspire You To Update Your Own

• Anissa Taylor Proctor

Are the pipes full of the soil? I'm asking because if not, how was it kept in just the area the succulent is planted in- and when watering how does the soil stay put? I just love succulents. My favorite. ☘☘

• Your Momma

Hi Anissa. Yes, I filled the pipes entirely with soil meant for succulents, then added the plants.

• Nanc

What suggestions do you have for storing this type of summer wall hanging for the winter months in Minnesota? I have the exact same issue you had by our pool and this is so cute.

• PSMR

Beautiful concept, and am thinking it would be a great way to grow herbs and strawberries.

On a side note,

I agree w/ Candie, in that everyone has been complimentary, and thank her for pointing out one bad apple.

• Kris

What did you use to cut the holes for the plants? I see they look a bit rough around the edges. Did you do each by hand maybe with tin snips?

It looks awesome!

• Amy Pastor

Thank you for sharing this morning idea. It seems like you definitely found a very good solution and it looks beautiful and modern.

• Victoria Poppenga

I look forward to trying this! I have been looking for easy, cool ideas to save space and start my plants.