Louie
Louie
  • Toms River, NJ
Asked on Jun 2, 2013

Hi evreyone, has anybody ever done a outside "garden" bridge, like the

TellBrendan PoynterFrances S
+5

hi evreyone, has anybody ever done a outside "garden" bridge, like the Monet painiting. i plan to make it out of wood, and some other stuff, what is the best approach. Thanks louie.
q hi evreyone has anybody ever done a outside garden bridge like the, diy, outdoor living, woodworking projects
  • Giuditta

There are several good gardening books on Monet's garden at Giverny, France, which might help you. One, "Monet's Passion," is by a gardener who helped restore the gardens, and another is called something like, "Monet's Gardens Through the Seasons." I'd do a search at Amazon, or check with your local library. Your project sounds delightful -- and ambitious! Best of luck.

• Frances S

Can't wait to see it, good luck.

• Frankie Laney

I just saw one yesterday in my local Home Goods store. However it was made of metal and not very sturdy looking. But it was simple in design and could very well be made from wood. Which I think would be much, much better. Check out this basics on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=fvwp&v=6LDganplxT0&NR=1 You could add a variety of design elements to it. Maybe using copper pipe for vertical ballisters or whatever suits your personality.

• Barb Rosen

Hey, Louie! Take a peek at this You-Tube post. The fella on it shows about building it - maybe that will help. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIHclX_sBK4

• Barbara Foster

I've painted it, just for my own pleasure. What a beautiful addition to your garden! Please post pictures when finished.

• Frances S

Did you see the bridge a fellow home talk viewer made out of pallets?

• Brendan Poynter

Going traditional Japanese style or more of a modern feel to it? If you want it to be like Monet's bridge, you have got a job ahead of you.

• Tell

Hi Louie sound like a great project, can't wait to see the finished product, good luck.