DeeDee
DeeDee
  • Decatur, TX

Kitchen and Dining Room Tiling - A Big Mistake You Don't Want to Make!

$0
Advanced

We tiled our kitchen and dining room floor and we made a big mistake. We want to share our mistake with you so you don't make it too! It looks great now thanks to my honey and a very inventive and helpful customer service worker.
kitchen and dining room tiling a big mistake you don t want to make
Here's where we left off from starting in the laundry room.  Its been almost a year and we've learned to navigate that tiny height difference between the tiles and the linoleum.  I'm still "watching" for it!  What were we waiting for?  It's hard work people! LOL!
kitchen and dining room tiling a big mistake you don t want to make, diy, kitchen design, tiling, Getting started going row by row making sure your spacer are just right for a perfect grouting job
We got to laying the tiles working with just one row at a time, putting down the tile mortar, then laying the tiles and being sure to add the little spacers to assure our 1/8th of an inch spacing for the grout.
kitchen and dining room tiling a big mistake you don t want to make, diy, kitchen design, tiling, This is where we got when we realized our booboo And we were doing so well too
This is the point we got to when we ran out of tiles.  I was beside myself with disappointment.  I knew these tiles were discontinued back almost a year ago so I knew I was in for a big task of  "finding a needle in a hay stack"!  I wont go into all the details, but in the in end a very nice lady at the Lowe's customer help center came up with the idea of purchasing the 18 x 18 tiles and cutting them down to size, so that's exactly what we did!
kitchen and dining room tiling a big mistake you don t want to make, diy, kitchen design, tiling, The finished tiling job We love it
We used 12 x 18 Italian porcelain tiles that we started off in the laundry room with  HERE.

You can read the entire story over on our blog. Thanks for looking!

• Porcelain Tile  (Lowes)
  • Mortar  (Lowes)
  • Grout  (Lowes)
DeeDee

• Julz Goldfarb-Carver

No problem Feeder. So happy to help. If you need any questions or advice with your next tile projects either myself or Justin will be more than happy to help with anything you may need. Good luck! Julz Carver

• DeeDee

Thank you so much @Julz Goldfarb-Carver!