Judy
Judy
  • Tutorial Team
  • Granbury, TX

Update!!! From Outdated Soffits to Usable Space

I was tired of the outdated look of my soffits, after scouring the web for ideas I came up with these. I love the extra space and the look!!
from outdated soffits to usable space, kitchen cabinets, kitchen design, shelving ideas, storage ideas
Update!! The other side is finished and the cabinets painted to match.
The new "Open Soffits" really make the room feel taller!!
Checked for wiring and available space.
I decided to create a box frame to insert into the empty framed space.
After sanding, joint compound and more sanding, I was close to my desired result!!
A little caulk to close some spaces, and a couple coats of paint and I was there :)
I love the look, although I still need to paint my cabinets a brighter white.

• Mindy D.

What did you do with the wiring???? Have the drywall torn out and ready to go....... Mindy

• RJ

How do I determine what is behind the dry wall. I always thought it was “vent” work...awesome job

• Christine

I'm confused...in one pic the new space on the wall with the sink is open on the front. In another pic, it is covered. Is it a door or did you just decide to cover it all for aesthetics?

• Sylvia Head-Gallegos

I use my Black & Decker Electric Broom like a leaf blower, except at a lesser velosity, INSIDE the house with fans blowing outward and ceiling vents running, ALL ON HIGH!!! With a mask & goggles on, I go around a room and spray a mist of water & VINEGAR to dampen the fly away dust particles... So that when I run the vacuum cleaner around, the dampened, not wet, dust particles are easier to capture!!!

I call it my "Blow Out Daze"!!!

• Kelly Greene

Absolutely stunning! Definitely going to give this a try ❤

• Pamela laws

I have been looking and looking and looking for an idea for my kitchen this is AWESOME!! Thank You for sharing!!