Asked on Apr 18, 2016

Ideas to repurpose sewing patterns

B J  AlexisPhyllisPeggy
+10

I have so many sewing patterns. No one wants patterns anymore so can someone give me lots of ideas on how to use them--other than making what is on pattern! I have sent lots to landfill but still have lots. Thanks in advance on any help I can get.
  • MN Mom
    MN Mom

Use them for decoupage . I have seen them decoupaged on walls in sewing rooms and craft rooms as well as on table tops, lamp shades, storage boxes, etc. if they are older the packaging graphics are fun to frame and hang as artwork

• HappyGrandmaGA
      HappyGrandmaGA

I had dozens of patterns I never used so gave them to Salvation Army. There are many low-income ladies who do still sew and were happy to find them there, so I was told. These were for little girls, ladies, home decorating, even dog coats! You never know who might want them and it is for such a good cause. Also, I found colorful ads for patterns from the 1920's and put them in matted frames for my art deco sewing room and framed other similar designs for the other walls . It's a very happy look!

• MN Mom
    MN Mom

Here are some ideas. If you Google images of decoupaged sewing patterns you can find more projects

, Wooden hangers, Personalized initial, Lampshade, Lampshade
  • Ann Cherkas Halstead
    Ann Cherkas Halstead

Wrapping paper with a cute fabric bow.

• K bain
    K bain

You could use them in mix media art projects

• Peggy
      Peggy

@K bain Thank you for the idea. Appreciate your help very much.

• Peggy
    Peggy

Thank you Ann for your tip. I like this and will give it a try.

• Peggy
    Peggy

Thank you for ideas, very helpful. I have so many patterns, never opened. I used the tissue part for a few things but ran out of ideas long ago.

• Phyllis
    Phyllis

They work very well for washing windows instead of paper towel; they are streak free.

• Peggy
      Peggy

@Phyllis Thank you very much. This sounds like a real winner for using the tissue part of pattern. Never thought of that but I will be doing this. Also, save on money buying those paper towels.

• B J  Alexis
    B J Alexis

You could use them for wall papering your sewing room or area the sewing machine is in. Google using old books for wallpaper, alot of ideas on how to accomplish will be included. Patterns are said to be expensive these days, haven't looked into it myself, again the internet to see if there is a collector.