Kate F
Kate F
  • New Britain, CT
Asked on Jun 3, 2013

What to do with a Jenny Lind crib now illegal?

Barbara ThomasKate FCindy Chadwick
+8

I have my Jenny Lind crib form my kids. It is now illegal due to the drop down sides - what ideas are there out there besides a trellis?

• Tammy@Deja Vue Designs

They make adorable benches....or you can hang it from the ceiling and make a drying rack or pot rack. You could hang it on the wall with spacers behind it and make an awesome towel rack.

• Lorah Marquardt

There is a great post here on Hometalk on turning the sides into wall mounted drying racks. Very clever idea.

• Kate F

I saw the drying rack - good ideas. Not something I need. I'll probably make a bench of some sort.

• Sharon Crosby

I have a friend who suggested that if you screw the sides in so they can no longer drop down that maybe they could still be used as a crib...not sure about that though.

• Nomi Seastead

Saw a Day Bed/couch made out of one.

• Tedra

Saw an idea also to turn into child's desk. Good luck!

• Chris Fuller

I have a twin size Jenny Lind bed that I will be turning into a bench. There are sites, which I can't remember at the top of my head, that provide beautiful examples of benches that were once beds or cribs. I am sure that whatever you do, your project will be lovely! Good luck!

• Jeanette S

I saw one that was set up as a potting table. But I thought it would be perfect in a laundry room! Baskets underneath for sorting the dirties and with a sheet of plyboard at the highest level an the side let down, a folding table to fold clothes. If you have a craft area, this would also make a perfect work table.

• Cindy Chadwick

Have you seen the benches made from bed headboards & foot boards? That might be an idea for you

• Kate F

yes - thanks for some great ideas~!

• Barbara Thomas

Those Jenny Lind beds are still valuable. Might want to see what people would offer on Craig's list. I like the bench Idea or daybed to keep the character. It would be beautiful!