Tami
Tami
  • Royalston, MA
Asked on Jun 3, 2013

Closet space

TamiLisaKimberly Barney
+2

I live in a apartment and I cannot paint but I have a large closet in my living room, I want to turn into a craft space. Any ideas?
  • Kimberly Barney

I saw where you can apply fabric to the wall using startch. They stated that the fabric was an excellent way for renters to personalize their space.

• Lisa

I would make a desk with some ply wood (it could be painted outdoors). Metal shelf brackets and shelves (again can be painted out doors). Baskets for your craft supplies. You could either leave the closet door on and put cork board or a chalk board on it, or remove the door and hang a matching curtain...

• Lisa

Another good idea along the lines of Kimberly... Spray glue a peice of poster board, cover it with fabric, and cut to your deminsions and use poster putty to stick to the wall. We've used this in our daughters room a lot.

• Tami

That won't damage the walls?

• Tami

Thank you for the ideas, I will give them a try :)