Asked on Apr 19, 2012

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get rid of Stink Bugs!!!

Mickey BaronFound & Fancied GoodsSusan H
+13

Somehow they are getting through my screens and there are no holes in them..I am disgusted with them and Iv'e tried spraying and the don't die! I feel like my house is infested with them..I want to move! Help please!

I'm not sure where you are, Susan, but they may have come in through a window air conditioner. The best way to get rid of them is to vacuum them up with a shop vac.

• Jeanette L

Hate the stink bug!

• Becky H

Then........turn them loose outside; they eat scale.

• Dawn B

Diatomaceous Earth. You can get it at livestock feed supply stores. Sprinkle it around the edges of your home (outside walls and inside walls at the baseboards) and windowsills. It is 100% non-toxic to humans and pets.

• Jim R

they are almost impossible to kill the best solution is to look for every small crack you find and use caulk or spray foam to seal your house.

• Patricia B

If you find out let me know. Been dealing with the same problem for about 2 yrs

• Donna McCrummen

The worst thing is they fall. I had one on my head that must have fallen from the ceiling!!! Gross

• Francis

There is a new trap that is sold in garden centers. You might consider trying that, but put it just outside the window or door they are coming in, not inside your house..or more will come in your house from the outside. They are also called squash bugs, I found out last summer that stink bugs love certain vegetables in the garden, that's how i discovered the trap. I will be using it this summer and hope it works. Good luck!

• Skyline Pest Solutions

Adult Stink bugs seem to be resistant to some pesticides. They will overwinter in walls of structures like the Box elder Bug and emerge in the spring to reproduce. They lay their egg clusters on the underside of plant leaves and once hatched go through five instars before becoming an adult. Some varieties can live eight months or longer and there can be three generations in the warm Georgia climate. Vacuum up those that get inside and do not smash them to avoid the stink, do not allow dead bugs to remain on the floors because they will attract carpet beetles. Seal cracks, crevasses, loose fitting doors and windows. Retreatment will likely be required during Spring and Summer months. This is truly a control type service and cannot be guaranteed.

• Stephen

They like to bred indoors, between roof insulation, etc., they are attracted to light at night, we just hang a bug zapper, gets rid of most of them, vacuum them up in the morning. Keep their number in check, or they will take over.

• Tobi T

Yes, I eat them

• Patricia B

ugh!!! your kidding????

• Tobi T

WOOF!

• Susan H

Thanks for the answers, but I'm still hoping for more ideas.Some of your Ideas are working, but it takes so long for them to die! I want something that kills them instantly! lol

• Found & Fancied Goods

Here in my area of NC they are becoming a real problem. For the past two years, everyone I know has them around their house. They cling to doors and windows and come in when their opened. I'm going to try spraying them with vinegar. Do you think this will work????

• Mickey Baron

Sevin dust