A $2 Mudroom Made From Junk

$2

When you have a broken bookshelf and dismantled cabinet door, you typically don't think of a mudroom. But, I'm sure glad I did! For just $2 and some creativity, I now have a mudroom in my house flip!
**I buy old, neglected, and dated homes and flip them all by myself! I tackle many of the DIY projects myself, so come follow along on this crazy house-flipping life at my blog, The Bachelorette Pad Flip: https://bachelorettepadflip.wordpress.com/
I bought a $2 retro bookshelf at a yard sale. It was missing the legs and was kind of beat up. After I did a kitchen cabinet layout, I had a random cabinet door leftover {to see more DIY cabinet door projects, check out my blog for my other projects!}
I filled in the holes on the cabinet door and then thoroughly sanded it.
After sanding, I used leftover paint and then I drilled four holes in the door.
Final step, I had four antique cabinet pulls that I found. Then I added picture hangers to the back and hung it up.
Then I tackled the book shelf. I removed the metal brackets for the missing legs. Then I thoroughly sanded the shelf.
Last step, use more of that leftover paint. Then I did some thinking outside of the box. I FLIPPED the book shelf...literally. The flat part is where those brackets for the legs were at. I thought it would make a great bench instead. So I actually set the bookshelf on its TOP instead of its bottom! The slats for the books actually made a perfect space for my snow boots.
For just $2 and leftover junk, I was able to make a mudroom that is functional and adorable! In my last house flip, I had a $5 mudroom and thought that was a steal! {Check out my blog to see the $5 mudroom!}
To see other DIY projects like the $1 cabinet tray, the bicycle basket shelf, the Pinterest-inspired built-ins, painting tips, plus all the lessons I've learned along the way!

• Cabinet Door  (Scrap)
  • Cabinet Pulls  (Scrap)
  • Book Shelf  (Yard Sale)

15 Genius Ways to Organize Your Bedroom
25 Fabulous Feather Projects That You Don't Want To Miss
How To: Make Hot Glue Placemats + More Crafts Ideas!
3 Gorgeous And Unique Ideas To Display Your Plants
18 Ideas to Keep You From Feeling Blue
15 Totally Doable Makeover Ideas You Can Finish In One Day
Upgrade Your Backyard With These 30 Clever Ideas
Fun Father's Day Gift Ideas You Can Make Yourself
3 Gorgeous Decor Projects In The Oh-So-Chic Geometric Style
15 Memorial Day Crafts
Get The Party Started With These Perfect DIY Decor Ideas
15 Fun Things You Can Make Using Your Cricut
The Bachelorette Pad Flip

• Jewellmartin

Yes, how soon will you have your $1 mud room? Lol. I'm really enjoying your designs, large and small. You are adding touches to your flips that most other people wouldn't. I hope you have a long career.