A $2 Mudroom Made From Junk

$2

When you have a broken bookshelf and dismantled cabinet door, you typically don't think of a mudroom. But, I'm sure glad I did! For just $2 and some creativity, I now have a mudroom in my house flip!
**I buy old, neglected, and dated homes and flip them all by myself! I tackle many of the DIY projects myself, so come follow along on this crazy house-flipping life at my blog, The Bachelorette Pad Flip: https://bachelorettepadflip.wordpress.com/
I bought a $2 retro bookshelf at a yard sale. It was missing the legs and was kind of beat up. After I did a kitchen cabinet layout, I had a random cabinet door leftover {to see more DIY cabinet door projects, check out my blog for my other projects!}
I filled in the holes on the cabinet door and then thoroughly sanded it.
After sanding, I used leftover paint and then I drilled four holes in the door.
Final step, I had four antique cabinet pulls that I found. Then I added picture hangers to the back and hung it up.
Then I tackled the book shelf. I removed the metal brackets for the missing legs. Then I thoroughly sanded the shelf.
Last step, use more of that leftover paint. Then I did some thinking outside of the box. I FLIPPED the book shelf...literally. The flat part is where those brackets for the legs were at. I thought it would make a great bench instead. So I actually set the bookshelf on its TOP instead of its bottom! The slats for the books actually made a perfect space for my snow boots.
For just $2 and leftover junk, I was able to make a mudroom that is functional and adorable! In my last house flip, I had a $5 mudroom and thought that was a steal! {Check out my blog to see the $5 mudroom!}
To see other DIY projects like the $1 cabinet tray, the bicycle basket shelf, the Pinterest-inspired built-ins, painting tips, plus all the lessons I've learned along the way!

• Cabinet Door  (Scrap)
  • Cabinet Pulls  (Scrap)
  • Book Shelf  (Yard Sale)

The Bachelorette Pad Flip

• Jewellmartin

Yes, how soon will you have your $1 mud room? Lol. I'm really enjoying your designs, large and small. You are adding touches to your flips that most other people wouldn't. I hope you have a long career.