ANITA G
ANITA G
  • Oak Lawn, IL
Asked on Apr 19, 2012

how to make a faux fire place from a full size headborad

KMS WoodworksANITA GMiriam I
+1

• ANITA G

i would like to make fire place using a headboard

• Miriam I

Very interesting, I never thought such a thing existed but apparently it does! I searched online and found a great link: http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/ive-never-thoug-75577 Will you post a picture if you try this? I'd love to see it!

• ANITA G

Thank you for the suggestions but this doesn't answer my question because i want to make a fireplace from a headboard

• KMS Woodworks

What are you planning for the "fireplace" element? Just a brick wall, a stack of real logs with LED "flames", an electric heater that looks like a fire place? A painting of a fire? the dimensions of this component will dictate the "rough opening" of the "hearth" For a 3D effect having a "shadow box" type construction would seem the most realistic. I have seen many project go from Fireplace mantle to Headboard...but never the other direction from Head board to fireplace...you would be pioneering new ground.