I Have the Spray Painting Fever.....

I can't help it, I bought one can of spray paint to paint the bakers rack, and it snowballed from there.....the white plastic chairs are now aqua, the rusted obelisks are now blue and aqua, the faded stars, purple......see what happens? I looked around to see what else should benefit, and there was a table in my son's room that is now brown.....ready for when/if he ever moves out. I feel uplifted having
$5 bakers rack
$5 bakers rack
traded my daughter my patio chairs for her patio chairs
rusted obelisk
rusted obelisk
plate rack(?) missing the shelves,  from a yard sale
plate rack(?) missing the shelves, from a yard sale
used to be a faded red
used to be a faded red
please please move out!
please please move out!
used to be hunter green
used to be hunter green
another $5 find at a yard sale, sprayed purple
i have the spray painting fever, gardening, outdoor furniture, outdoor living, painted furniture
I'm at it again! rusty wrought iron table, now purple.

• Teri Nelson

What did you use to clean to make ready for spray to adhere to?

• Becky (J) P

I didn't. Just probably dish detergent and water. I'm not much of a preparer! The paint is still there. I would use a degreaser, like Simple Green otherwise.

• Anna M.S.

I think it was Krylon instructions that said to use mineral spirits on new plastic. My white plant pots were several years old, so I just used Dawn dishwashing liquid in water to wash them first.

• DONNA BENNER

what did you use to get the spray paint to adhere? i tried painting my plastic furniture with the paint made for them but it chipped very easily.

• Becky (J) P

I'm not sure what brand you were using? There is spray paint for plastic furniture. I prefer Rustoleum 2X. Tried other brands, but they don't cover as well. If you have a local Ace around you, they usually put it on sale for the Memorial Day Sale.

• Ruth Cyr

What did you use to get the rust off before painting?
  • Ruth Cyr

what paint can you use to spray over rust and will it stay?
    • Jewellmartin

Krylon Fusion and other Krylon paint for plastic seem to be the most often used paints, with users saying four years later their chairs still look good.
      I will be in your city in January, @RuthCyr. Best wishes 😇

• Heather

I got the same fever a few weeks ago...I have some more I want to finish up as well. I spray painted all my old "blah", plain, plastic flower pots! They look awesome now!

• Becky (J) P

@Heather I am going to do that at the end of the season, to freshen the pots up some. Good idea.

• Margaret Lane

I did this with some of my chairs turn out good but afraid the paint stated to come off of chairs - I used the rusto spray paint