Astute A
Astute A
  • Stone Mountain, GA
Asked on Apr 19, 2012

What color should I paint the banister?

Susan BMaureen SMiriam I
+2

I have removed the carpet from my stairs, sand the hardwood underneath and painted the stairs molasses.. I am also going to remove the wooden spindles and replace them with iron adjustable spindles. .. Question is I have hardwood floors at my stair way entrance... i didn't like the stain so I painted, but what should Ido with my banister. I just recently finished my cabinets with Rust-Oleum Cabinet transformation and it turned out GREAT! I wanted to do the same with my bannister, but I am afraid I have too much going on! Help me!
My cabinets...before and after
My cabinets...before and after
  • Peace Painting Co., Inc.

Astute, bannisters look great painted black. Sher-Wms has a beautiful black called 'Tricorn Black'.

, Sanded cleaned and primed with oil primer to stick and finished with satin oil paint to hold up to wear
  • Pam

I think the black grounds the whole look and gives a sofisticated look.

• Miriam I

It sounds like the banisters would look really nice painted black! I don't don't think it would be too much.

• Maureen S

What colors are the walls, you could go a couple of shades darker depending what your style is.

• Susan B

I think I would finish the banister the in the same shade as the floor of your entrance.if you paint need the paint color to blend in with some other that you have in the entrance like a wall or or even match your Door color.