A Family Dresser Rescue - Fit Your Style!

You don't have to suffer boredom with your hand me down furniture...Back in 1978 we bought a set of dressers from my parents for $50 just after we were married. Years later my mom wanted them back so we traded for the set she had at the time.
The piece has sentimental value to me since both of my parents are now gone - my dad over 30 years ago and my mom just last year...Yet, it didn't fit into my decor. I found it boring. But even when something is boring, it doesn't mean we need to get rid of it.
Anybody can buy furniture to fit their preferred decor, but to have a sentimental piece flipped to fit personal preferences is way better!
Pure and Original provided two quarts for the Fab Furniture Flippin' contest participants as well as allowing us to become affiliates. The prize is over $1000 worth of their products! Do you think I have a chance of winning? Keep looking and let me know!
I used the Classico, a chalk based paint made with 100% natural pigments. It's super smooth and very easy to work with. Since it's a water dilutable chalk based paint, it's environmentally friendly. We are trying to get the chemicals out of our home, so this fits the bill.
Dark gray, and light gray chalk style paint from Pure and Original, combined with DIY tinted wax and a diluted over coat flipped this piece over a two week period - from boring to amazing!
New hardware and a coordinating chevron lining completes the piece.
The details were brought out by the tinted wax and over coat of thinned out paint.
Decide what your style is, learn to DIY paint, and voila! You have a unique piece of furniture that fits into your life style - something to bring a smile every time you see it.
The inside drawers painted dark gray hide behind the middle door.
For more details, including how you can join the Fab Furniture Flippin' Contest, visit Love My DIY Home at the link below. Come connect and let me share more projects with you. We are a DIY community.

• Pure & Original Classico Paint  (Pure and Original)

3 Easy Ways to Make The Cutest Coasters for Your House
15 Clever Ways To Repurpose Old Light Bulbs
Spruce Up Your Plain Lamp With One Of These Great Ideas
15 Memorial Day Crafts
15 Home Improvement DIY Ideas You'll Want To Copy This Month
Do Your Kitchen Cabinets Need an Update?
Old License Plates Lying Around? Check Out These 28 Snazzy Decor Ideas
15 Genius Hacks to Keep Pests Away
32 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
These Clever Ideas Will Help You With Spring Cleaning
Inspirational Ideas for Spring Flowers
13 DIY Projects That Scream Canada
3 Easy Ways To Upgrade Your Pillows To A High End Look
15 Totally Doable Makeover Ideas You Can Finish In One Day
3 Fantastic Step-By-Step Ideas What To Do With Pallets!
Val Frania {Love My DIY Home}