MacGIRLver
MacGIRLver
  • Canada

A Beautiful Antique Sofa Reupholstered. What an Updated Look!

I was given an antique sofa and matching chair by a family member. He loved it but had no room for it. We share a love of antiques, so he gave it to me. The wood had been refinished previously, and it had been reupholstered, but the fabric didn't last. I thought long and hard before painting the wood white, but I decided it could always be stripped off again. I love the bold fabric but wanted to switch it up a little, so I added striped fabric to the back. I haven't done the chair yet, probably because I haven't forgotten how much work the sofa was! Do you like it as much as I do?
a beautiful antique sofa reupholstered what an updated look, painted furniture, reupholster
MacGIRLver

• GBJ

Just gorgeous! It took my breath away when I clicked on the site. Love the fabric

• Evelyn McMullen

I cut the seat out of mine, it's now headboard for my queen bed. Couldn't do the reupholstering myself as I couldn't get it out to work on it. It's now a deep wine color.
    , I always remembered a photo from when I was a teenager of a beautiful Victorian chair turned into a headboard