A Little Glitz & Glam For This Boring White KitchenAid Mixer

Yes People, I painted my KitchenAid Mixer! I've been wanting to do it for sometime and when Plutonium Paint came my way I knew it was the PERFECT paint for my project. It's not your typical spray paint. It's like the Macy's of all spray paints. Top of the line, head honcho...The Big Dog!
First you need to clean the years of cookie dough, smeared mash potatoes and dried up lemon meringue off your mixer. I used a product called TSP (check your local Home Depot or Lowes) to clean all my pieces of furniture so why not on the mixer? It's gets ANYTHING off!
I then took off all the surface parts.
Yes I used a butter knife instead of a flat head screwdriver. Dont tell me you dont do that! LOL
I went over the existing finish with sand paper to give the paint something to grip onto. Prep is the key to any good rehab!
I then taped off the parts I didn't want painted with my trusty Frog Tape.
I decided to prime my mixer as I REALLY wanted the paint adhere well. I used a oil based primer. Plutonium is seriously the best spray paint on the market. It leaves a beautiful finish and goes a long way!
I used their "Aloha" (teal) & the gold is called "First Place Metallic". I then sealed with their new Clear Gloss.
Just look at that finish!
Baby butt smooth!
I'm going to let it set for a few weeks to really let the layers of primer, paint and top coat cure. The mixing will just have to be done the old fashioned way!
https://www.facebook.com/RehabtoFab

The Cutest Ways to Decorate Your Front Porch for Easter!
16 Fun Ways You Can Use Food To Decorate Your Home
The Top 9 Kitchen Countertop Makeovers People Are Doing Now
Save Your Old Cans For These 31 Home Decor Ideas
15 Memorial Day Crafts
3 Great Ideas To Easily Upgrade Your Window
25 Decor Ideas That Will Add Some Spring to Your Home
21 Ways To Use Those Pickle Jars You've Been Saving
30 Stylish Update Ideas You'll Want To Use For Your Bedroom
30 Great Ideas For Every Pet Owner!
31 Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
Super Cool Painting Techniques You've Probably Never Seen!
Hometalk's Top 10 Spookiest Halloween Picks Of 2017
Stephanie  Coon/Rehab to Fab

• Karen

You know that you can send your mixers to Kitchen Aid and they will paint it what ever color you wish and have it look better.

• Ida9464

I love my red appliances😢 but, this does look awesome!