Restoring our Victorian House
Restoring our Victorian House
  • Philadelphia, PA

Vintage-inspired DIY Bath Remodel... Before and After!

Our Victorian house was built in 1890, and we wanted the design of our DIY bath remodel to be simple, bright, and modern, but still keep a vintage-aesthetic to complement the age of the house.
Here's the index of our individual steps and details:
We used vintage reproduction fixtures, subway tile, a console sink, a concealed trapway skirted toilet (which I LOVE!!!), and marble-lookalike floor tile.
vintage inspired diy bath remodel before and after, bathroom ideas, diy, home decor, home improvement
My favorite element is the extra-large, DIY medicine-cabinet we built next to the sink. And also the transom window we added over the doorway to make the room feel larger, and bring light into the hallway.
Before- the sink and toilet were on opposite walls. We rearranged the floorplan and put them both on the same wall.
After- We added a transom window over the doorway to make the room feel larger, and bring light into the hallway. We used subway tiles on the walls, a console sink, a concealed trap way skirted toilet, and marble-lookalike floor tile.
We used reproduction vintage fixtures and subway tile.
Concealed trapway toilet... I will NEVER buy a "regular" toilet again!
Restoring our Victorian House

• Linda Santo

I pretty much NEVER comment on a bathroom because the new ones to me all look alike. Yours is perfect! Great job!

• Leona Malone

Very well done! You have not shown a photo of the full "tub wall " after redo. Wondering how you keep water away from the tub window when showering.