DIY A Super Hip Dog Gate

$12.50

Make a fun swinging yet removable dog gate for indoors or out!
After perusing the internets for design inspiration on this dog gate my sweet husband asked me to build for our new deck, I came across these cool hinges: lift off hinges. Clever buggers for sure!
I didn't need much for this project which was great. I cut some 2x2's down to size, glued and screwed those together to make a rectangle.
For extra details about this project along with a slew of other great ones, come by my blog, Flipping the Flip at humboldtartdept.blogspot.com.
Once the frame was good to go, I painted it with some exterior white I had then measured out for the eye hook placement. Oh, super fab tip on my blog about how to get those in soooo fast and easy!
Next I tied off the paracord and wove it through all the eye hooks.
So awesome, right?!
I took the gate outside to attach the hinges. They were kinda small so I wanted to do this "on site" if you will so I wouldn't screw anything up.
And there we have it! And clearly it works keeping the monster pooch on the deck! It swings open, swings shut, locks with a hook and eye, and when we're done on the deck for the day, we pop it off and store it in the garage.
So super fun. Be sure to come find all the details about this project, big Finn boy, and lots more over on my blog by clicking the link below!

• 2x2 wood  (Menards)
  • Screw in eye hooks  (Menards)
  • Paracord  (Menards)

30 Stunning Ways To Display Your Plants
18 String Art Ideas That You'll Want To Hang In Your Home
24 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
30 Stylish Update Ideas You'll Want To Use For Your Bedroom
3 Absolutely Adorable Ways To Display Your Plants
3 Creative Eye Catching Rug Projects That No One Else Has!
23 Valentine's Day DIY Ideas That You Don't Want To Miss
Hometalk's Top 10 Spookiest Halloween Picks Of 2017
Save Your Old Cans For These 31 Home Decor Ideas
13 Bird Feeders From Upcycled Items
15 Totally Doable Makeover Ideas You Can Finish In One Day
23 Surprising Uses for Curtain Rings
Keep Your Craft Supplies Organized With These Fun Storage Ideas
Becky at Flipping the Flip

• Voni Weingart

Would you please show how you lift it off? I am not seeing it and I would love to do this.

• It lifts straight up as the hinges are in two parts -- one half goes on the stationary part and the other on the gate. You lower it down into the stationary part, and lift up to remove. I hope that helps!

• Terry Morris

I would love to try this project. Might have to make several as to keep my dogs on one side of the yard especially for winter.