DIY A Super Hip Dog Gate

$12.50

Make a fun swinging yet removable dog gate for indoors or out!
diy a super hip dog gate, diy, pets, pets animals, woodworking projects
After perusing the internets for design inspiration on this dog gate my sweet husband asked me to build for our new deck, I came across these cool hinges: lift off hinges. Clever buggers for sure!
I didn't need much for this project which was great. I cut some 2x2's down to size, glued and screwed those together to make a rectangle.
For extra details about this project along with a slew of other great ones, come by my blog, Flipping the Flip at humboldtartdept.blogspot.com.
Once the frame was good to go, I painted it with some exterior white I had then measured out for the eye hook placement. Oh, super fab tip on my blog about how to get those in soooo fast and easy!
Next I tied off the paracord and wove it through all the eye hooks.
So awesome, right?!
I took the gate outside to attach the hinges. They were kinda small so I wanted to do this "on site" if you will so I wouldn't screw anything up.
And there we have it! And clearly it works keeping the monster pooch on the deck! It swings open, swings shut, locks with a hook and eye, and when we're done on the deck for the day, we pop it off and store it in the garage.
So super fun. Be sure to come find all the details about this project, big Finn boy, and lots more over on my blog by clicking the link below!

• 2x2 wood  (Menards)
  • Screw in eye hooks  (Menards)
  • Paracord  (Menards)
Becky at Flipping the Flip

• Sta21990204

My dog could chew/pull through that in 2 minutes.....and also beware of strangling.
  • Charity Prucnal

I think this is a great idea and as you said it is used for certain times. It looks like your dog is a good trained dog and only needs a small deterrent to stay put.