Faux Rustic Wood and Beams

I've always loved the look of rustic wood and beams mixed with chandeliers and French Country decor. We've always had a support beam in our living room but it was covered with dry wall.
So recently, I painted it to look like wood.
I used two shades of paint - SW Deer Valley and SW Chateau Brown - and using a brush, blended them together in uneven stripes.
When that had dried, I lightly covered this wood grain paint roller in Chateau Brown and rolled over the wood.
This picture is the trim above our windows that had been white.
You can find this paint roller on Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/Tinksky-Painting-Decoration-Empaistic-Plastic/dp/B013NIBD1A?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage
We then added boards that were the same width as our beam down the walls. My husband built the support beams out of left over wood.
He mitered the edges so that it looks like one solid piece of wood.
I painted them, using the same treatment, so they would match.
We attached them to the wall using large bolts, which we had already painted black.
The bolts tie in with our shutter hinges.
We love the rustic looks this gives our formal living room.
For more pictures, please visit my blog . http://www.gatesofcrystal.blogspot.com/
love and blessings~
Lynda

30 Stunning Ways To Display Your Plants
31 Gorgeous Homemade Candle Ideas You're Going to Want to Try
30 Ideas To Make Your Office Look Great
Do You Want to Make Over a Room in Your Home & Add Gorgeous Built-Ins?
Jazz Up Your Bathroom With These 30 Stylish Additions
15 Ways To Upcycle And Create More Storage At The Same Time
Lynda @ Gates Of Crystal

• Sunny
    Sunny

Beautiful room! How did you do the shutters on the windows? Do they go to the floor? And what is the wood above the window? Just love the whole room!!!

• Lynda @ Gates Of Crystal
      Lynda @ Gates Of Crystal

Thank you! The shutters are bi-fold doors sitting on the floor. We replaced the frame around the window with a wider board.

• Beverly
    Beverly

i would like to know about the rug too. Love it!

• Linda
    Linda

Just lovely. One question, What color paint is on the walls? It looks like a subtle yellow that would go with any color accessories. The room is warm and welcoming and still a bit formal. Very nice.

• Divababiexoxo
    Divababiexoxo

That looks absolutely beautiful great job I love the light wood look. And those shutters on your windows are cool too

• Susie Cantrell
    Susie Cantrell

BeautyFull! 😃💚