Gift Idea For Birders and Gardeners - Father's Day

This Birdcam is a great Father's Day gift or present for anyone who loves birds, gardening, or outdoor life. I know because I gave one to myself - lol- a few months ago and I love it.
http://www.empressofdirt.net/birdcamreview/
A Birdcam is basically a point and shoot camera in a weather-resistant box. It has a motion sensor which tells the camera when to take photos (or video with sound). You can also
Wingscapes Birdcam 2.0. See my blog for pros and cons. The photo quality is fine (not great) but it's still a lot of fun.
I love it that I can get shots I would otherwise never see.
This sweet guy is not healthy and he's almost blind. I have no idea why there's a feather on his head but he's so dear. He's the only bird that stays at the feeder when I approach.
Pretty bird!
Pretty bird!
Sometimes migrations pass through for one day only. The Birdcam is a great way to know what's going on.
Busted! It's a squirrel buster feeder so he's not getting anything!
Their colours get bold in the spring just in time for mating season. Even birds must look their best.
Nuthatches are very friendly - like chickadees. If there's food, they're there!
See my blog for more details.
See my blog for more details.
Empress of Dirt - Melissa

• Su

a deer cam would be the same thing and I think they are cheaper

• Marianne Klint Taylor

Sounds like a wonderful idea, I spend hours sitting by the feeder and am sure I only see half of what lands there, depending on what food I put out. I have counted over 30 different kinds of birds in my garden, but some are so shy, the second I pull out the camera, they are gone. A nice way to spend time though quietly with a glass of wine, but would love to see what gets there in between. Thank you, will have to look on Amazon.com as have never seen them in the shops in South Africa.