Paint a Monarch Cement Stepping Stone

$5

Take a plain concrete paver and easily turn it into garden art. I it is useful too, they make wonderful garden stepping stones.
Start with a concrete 12" x 12" cement/concrete paver from your local home improvement center. Paint it with a few coats of Zinser Bullseye sealing paint. You can use regular white craft paint but the Zinser seems to fill in the crevices better making for an easier surface to paint on.
Sketch on your design with pencil. I just used a former painting of mine to work from but it was taken from a photograph of a butterfly.
Start filling in with your orange and yellow paint. Blend in to get a graduation of color. You could just do orange if you want and not get too fancy.
Add in your details to give it life. Seal it with an outdoor waterbased sealer. If you seal it well it should last through all sorts of weather for several years.
Please visit my website for a full supply list and more step by step photos. Happy Painting! And there will be more to come.

Flower Patch Farmhouse

• Jeannette

Not much of an artist but think I will try this. May try it in blue too.

• Nan

Can't wait to do about 10 different colored/types of butterflies going out to my shed. I'm getting ready to retire and have plans of fixing a cute yard & workshop....love this idea and hope you dont mind me "snitching" your monarch butterfly for my first attempt...grins

• Flower Patch Farmhouse

You go right ahead Nan. Paint away. I need to do more. I left mine out all winter and they are still looking pretty good. So as long as they are sealed well yours should last just fine.