Lisa @ {createinspire}
Lisa @ {createinspire}
  • Shawano, WI

Antique Vanity Refinished in French Vanilla

I found this beautiful little vanity for a steal and refinished it in French Vanilla by Sherwin Williams. It's a beauty! You can see the details on my blog. http://createinspireme.blogspot.com/2013/06/vanity-in-french-vanilla.html
Before--she needed some veneer work
Before--she needed some veneer work
After--there was a lot of bleed through, even with primer, so I ended up using shellac between coats
There was a gorgeous piece of veneer on the top, so I carefully sanded and then refinished it with Dark Walnut.
I lightly distressed the details and....
Voila!  I also found this sweet little chair to go with.:)
Voila! I also found this sweet little chair to go with.:)
Lisa @ {createinspire}

• Kris Abbett

What did you use to distress the details? I have a recently purchased vanity that I would like to do same color and look. It currently has a dark blue paint over a rust color(?). Please advise

Thank you,

Kris Abbett