DIY Wood Nail Polish Rack/Organization

For the past several years, all of my nail polishes and nail supplies have been tossed into a makeup bag and the lack of organization has always driven me crazy! I absolutely love it when my things are organized but I don't always have the time to organize something as insignificant as bottles of nail polish when there are much bigger fish to fry! There are always other projects that need immediate attention! But, I finally decided to devote some time to figuring out the nail polish bottle organization issue, and I'm so glad I did! I can now rest better knowing that one more item in my house has a set location and looks pretty and organized (yes, my OCD-tendencies as I call them are showing here!)
Materials:
1 - Sheet of 1/4 plywood (must be at least 20 x 24)
2 - 1x2 @ 8 ft
13 ft of 1" trim pieces
Ryobi Airstrike Brad Nailer
1 1/4" finish nails
wood glue
To see full cut list and dimensions, please visit my blog at the link below.
I began by cutting the 1/4" plywood to size.
I then cut the 1x2 boards to make the sides and top of the polish rack.
I assembled using wood glue and my Airstrike Nail gun (easy peasy as my 6 year old says!)
Next I cut all the boards to create the shelves and attached them to the plywood backing.
I then cut all the trim pieces, and attached them using wood glue and finish nails.
I stained the rack with Minwax Dark Walnut (although now I wish I would have painted it white, but I'll do that at some point in the future)
I wanted to add some sparkle and pizzaz, so I added some lettering to the top trim board using a white paint pen. I also added some silver sparkle using a silver glitter pen. Once everything was dry, I hung it in my master bedroom closet and loaded it up with all my nail polishes. Just love, love, love organization. Makes me happy! :-) The lettering at the top didn't come out as clean as I would have liked, I think in the future I need to find a finer point paint pen, but it will do for now...

• Plywood  (Home Depot)
  • Pine  (Home Depot)

Pinspired to DIY

• Eliza Spear

What kind of trim did you use?
    • Nancy

I have a small special board 24" x 7" x 3/4" I do not need a huge board to hold nail polish but this will look nice with a few bottles of nail polish.
  • Alvaro Martinez

All done. Any tips on how to mount rack on my wall?
  • Mariko Loly French

I love this idea. Just one question. How did you mounted on the wall?

• Alma

I would secure it on top and the bottom so it doesn’t shift if someone slams a door nearby.

• Jane Mahaney

Also great for essential oils shelves. I bought the wood and would like to build it similar to your configuration.
  • Patsy47

great job.........and yes, painted white would be MUCH BETTER...just get a couple cans of spray paint, easy- peezy😉