How to Build a Bamboo Pole Bean Teepee Frame

Gardening season is officially here, and I could not be happier or more at peace in my soul. I have doubled my gardening space by adding even larger and more raised beds. I want to share with you how you can easily build these DIy Bamboo Teepee Bean Frames. They can be used with any number of climbing vegetables, flowers and vines. Make a smaller version for container gardening.
how to build a bamboo pole bean teepee frame, gardening, how to, outdoor furniture, outdoor living, raised garden beds
We started out with basic 7' bamboo poles we purchased at the Garden store for about $4 ea.
We used extra long cable ties to secure them together, because we found this created the strongest hold.
We started out by securing three poles together. Once we were happy with how stable they were, we added the fourth and final pole.
I used torn strips of burlap to wrap and camouflage the cable ties.
I needed to add a way for the vines to climb, so I wrapped the entire frame with a cotton twine, adding rows about 3" apart.
Once done, I was able to plant my cucumber plants. (the second was planted with beans)
I didn't stop there though. I created a simple way to co-plant and grow lettuce even in the hotter months. Come on over to The Everyday Home Blog and see how I used this Bean Teepee Frame to also grow lettuce.

• Bamboo Poles $4 ea
  • Twine
  • Cable Ties
The Everyday Home/Barb Garrett

• Hannah V

Ooo I love this idea! i just planted beds in my backyard and this would look so cool.

• Lori

Oh!! I can see doing this for my flowers!!!!