Dryer Sheets Flower

I allowed myself to be side-tracked during laundry day. I looked at all my used dryer sheets and decided to try my hand at making a flower. I have seen these done before. Here is what I did:
My first, but not last, dryer sheet flower.
Folded a dryer sheet on the diagonal and the folded in half to shape two leaves.
Repeated twice and attached the leaves together  by winding thread around them.
Repeated twice and attached the leaves together by winding thread around them.
Ready for it's color bath.
Ready for it's color bath.
Added a squirt of green craft painted to a water bath and let it soak for 2 minutes. Squeezed it out and let it dry.
The finished product. For the flower I just folded three dryer sheets lengthwise, folded them in half and tied them off. Then fluffed them up. Just like we used to make tissue flowers in school.
Now what to do with it? Maybe add as a tie back to my curtains? What do you think?

• Shirley Kalinosky

Genius! I don't use them, but what a great idea! Wish I had your imagination!

• Joanne

Great idea. I have thrown so many sheets away.