Coastal Wine Bottle Upcycle

Make a coastal decor piece using upcycled items. An empty wine bottle that I've been hanging onto for months was the perfect item for this easy coastal decor piece.
I'm not sure when I bought this bottle of wine and I don't recall if I even liked it, but I loved the bottle. I stored it away, thinking I would do something with it
I filled the sink with sudsy warm water and left the bottle to sit in it for about thirty minutes. The labels came off easily and the sticky residue came off. The dots on this bottle are a perfect match for a guest room that I'm in the process of giving a makeover to.
One of the items I bought for the makeover was a bag full of shells and vase filler. The packaging was this rope bag. When I cut the top of it to remove the shells, I saw how much the shape of it looked like a bottle. That's when I knew what I could do with the wine bottle.
With the bottle inside of the bag, I pulled it tautly around the bottle and pinched it together at the bottom of the neck. Then, I tied it off with a piece of twine.
I poked the excess rope into the bottle and added a couple of dots of hot glue to keep it there.
Using rope, I wound it around the neck. It's held it place with a dot of hot glue at both ends.
This raffia bow was attached to the packaging of two pillar candles. It's stiff and has been painted a little.
It's hot glued to the bottle, just beneath the rope.
I had a package of glass sea shell vase fillers that I bought for another project. I hot glued one of them to the top of the bottle.
That's it! This was one of the easiest DIY projects I've done. It's a great way to upcycle a pretty bottle. I was pleased that the rope packaging and raffia bow could be used for something, too.
Don't you love when you can reuse items like this to make a simple, fun decor piece?
To see more, please visit the link below.

• Wine bottle
  • Rope
  • Hot Glue

The Cutest Ways to Decorate Your Front Porch for Easter!
3 Gorgeous Ideas to Use Photo Frames - and Not for Pictures!
Easy DIY Ideas To Add Some FUN To Your Office Space
Dollar Store Gem Backsplash
The Wonderful Things You Can Make With...Paper!
31 Gorgeous Homemade Candle Ideas You're Going to Want to Try
Turn Dollar Store Laundry Basket Into Wreath Form In 8 Easy Steps
12 Christmas Home Tours You're SO Going To Fall For
These West Elm Knockoffs Are Pretty Unbelievable
15 Cute Ways To Decorate Tin Cans Into Planters
Beverly Roderick at Across the Blvd

• Rcl24969408

What do you use this for after it is completed? Or is it just decoration??
  • Linda

Can you provide a link to where you bought the twine bag with sea glass shells? It seems to be the perfect fit for the bottle

• Barbara

Hi, I think your bottle is amazing. I have no imagination, can you think of a way that I could use it for a full bottle to give as a present? Thank you Barbara

• Thank you. I think you could wrap the bottle loosely with the twine packaging or if you don't have that, wrap twine in a crisscross patter around the bottle and then use a simple bow made of twine to tie it in place on the neck of the bottle.I wouldn't use the rope around the neck of it if you want to be able to remove the wine bottle.