Magazine 3-D Mirror

1 Material
$6

I saw this idea somewhere, using old magazines to create 3 D effects on a basket. I chose to use all rolled up pieces in my project. First, I found 3 small square mirrors at a yard sale for $5. Then for the crafty part.
Cut pages out if magazines. Take a few at a time and fold them into 4. Then with either scissors or an exacto knife, cut the folds to crest even length/width magazine paper strips.
Roll each strip onto a cylinder shape, all roughly the same length. Use a drop of glue (I used a glue gun) to keep the rolled paper from unraveling.
Then flatten each piece.
Carefully roll each strip and again, use a dab of glue to keep it rolled and in place. Ir takes a little getting used to, but after the first 10 or so, you'll be getting the hang of it.
Start attaching each "coiled" piece to the wood frame. Keep making rows, as this is the easiest way to keep them all even.
Finished project! Isn't it cool how the magazine pages create such different colors. I only finished one mirror but am working on the other to to hang on the wall together. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

• Recycled Magazines, small mirror and hot glue gun.  (Mirrors at a Yard sale, glue sticks at the Dollar Store.)

3 Weird Step-by-Step Ways to Decorate Your Plain Tea Towels
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
Check Out These 30 Incredible Sharpie Makeovers
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
25 Creative Ways You Can Decorate Using Maps
18 Ideas to Keep You From Feeling Blue
16 Floating Shelves That Will Stun Guests
15 Unique Father's Day Crafts
15 Stencil Patterns You'll Wish You'd Seen Sooner
30 Amazing Ways To Organize Your Shoes
15 Ways to Spice up Your Floors
31 Brilliant Ways To Repurpose Everyday Items Into Perfect Organizers
25 Fabulous Feather Projects That You Don't Want To Miss

• Cassandra Sadowniczak

Did you seal it at the end of your project?

• Pau4480508

R the rolls cut' how do u get thm that small, u cut the tips?

• Clou77

Hi! When u roll the papers, they will be that small. You don't need to trim the ends. If you wanted smaller pieces you could but I would think they would be really difficult to roll.

• Annie

Sorry but you say cut the paper to crest even length width what does this mean

• Jeanne Kern

I love this project. I am going to apply to stacked layers of cardboard shaped in our family initial. I have so many magazines! Thanks, I'm inspired.