Rock
Rock
  • Raleigh, NC
Asked on Apr 26, 2012

Anybody have cats?

LouiseDonna SAneesah C
+1

Try the pine pellet cat litter. Keeps the smell down and turns to saw dust so you can use it in your yard if you want. I also found a kitchen compost container that I use for the Poop. Put a bag in it and scoop the poop in it. Keeps those oders away too. Hope this helps someone as much as it's helped me.
  • Miriam I

Thank you for posting, Rock! I'll be sure to remember this next time I see someone asking about a cat problem.

• Aneesah C

Oh wow, I'll have to try this.

• Donna S

Unfortunately, it doesn't work very well with the omega paw cat litter box.

• Louise

I use the clumping litter and love it. All the urine is lifted out since it forms nice, firm chunks. And of course the poop is also lifted out. I put everything in plastic grocery bags and then put those bags in the outside trash can. This clumping litter -- I use Tidy Cats -- is fantastic, IMO. It leaves the boxes nice and clean and also odor free since you're removing just about everything deposited by the cat(s). And it lasts a very long time. As long as it's still fresh-smelling -- and it stays that way a VERY long time -- I just add new litter to the boxes when it starts getting a little low. I like to keep a substantial amt of litter in the boxes. I read once that cats like it to be about 3" deep. I asked my cat about that and he said, yes, that's a good depth for him. :-)