Redfly Creations
Redfly Creations
  • Forney, TX
Asked on Jun 8, 2013

Black spot on my Roses!!! I need a Home remedy......

Douglas HuntRedfly CreationsStella reynolds
+2

Anyone have a home remedy to take care of black spot on your roses that you've actually seen it work?

Rose magazine suggests making a solution of 1 teaspoon baking soda in a quart of water along with a few drops of liquid soap and spraying it on the roses, but black spot is not something to be messed around with, and the time-tested treatment is a copper fungicide. http://www.rosemagazine.com/articles02/pages/blackspot.asp

• Stella reynolds

I am trying a spray of 1 part milk to 2 parts water and spray weekly. Also pick up any leaves that fall off as they spread the fungus back to the rose bush. Hope this works as I have tried many things and haven't had much success.

• Redfly Creations

Thank you Douglas and Stella! I was wondering how severe black spot was. I had tried one home remedy that didn't work. I guess I'll have to go purchase some copper fungicide.

• Redfly Creations

I finally purchased the treatment from a local store and applied it every two weeks. My roses are doing beautifully now! Thank you!

Great news!