Angie Tays
Angie Tays
  • Frankton, IN
Asked on Jun 8, 2013

My sunken garden

Jane BurkhartCarol BrownDonna Shipley
+2

Does anyone have any advice on how to build the waterfall into the pond from this area? The area you are looking at is where the pump was for an above ground pool that was buried. There will be an oval shaped pond here at some point.
q my sunken garden, gardening
  • Su

I would make it deeper if I were you ....

• Donna Shipley

The guys who built mine used cinderblock to build it up and added planters to each side of the structure. I would have preferred the one in the video, but I guess you get what you pay for!

, The PVC pipe supports a net that keeps the Egrets and Herons out of my fish
  • Carol Brown

I would make a little deeper and make sure all the grass and weeds are removed before you place the liner, as for the waterfall when we built ours we cut small steps into the area for the waterfall prior to installing the liner. Doing this allows you to try different arrangements of the stone you use for the waterfall and how you hide the hose that provides water flow. It took us several tries to get ours exactly the way we wanted it to look.

• Jane Burkhart

Go onto my Pinterest board, I believe it is Outdoor Ideas, and it will give you step by step directions on how to this. It really turned out great! Hope this helps.