Kitchen

Any Ideas on how to make the fireplace appear smaller or blend in as a nice focal point?
We just bought an older home and are working on a tight budget. The kitchens fireplace is the first thing you notice upon entering the room. We have toned down the dark red & cleaned up the fireplace by removing the old doors & mirror.
The fireplace sits right at the kitchen and is large. I have started to tile but stopped, concerned that it may clash with the floor if brought to the bottom.

any Ideas on how to make the fireplace appear smaller or blend in as a nice focal point? or just in general for the room?
kitchen, concrete masonry, fireplaces mantels, home decor, Before red paint felt very congesting making the home feel older and dirty
Before (red paint felt very congesting-making the home feel older and dirty)
kitchen, concrete masonry, fireplaces mantels, home decor, After we live in Florida so I chose a happy color to help brighten the room tiled the top portion of the fireplace we have plans to continue renovating but our immediate concern is the large hole in the room
After (we live in Florida, so I chose a happy color to help brighten the room & tiled the top portion of the fireplace) ..we have plans to continue renovating, but our immediate concern is the large "hole" in the room :)

Questions on this post

Your question...

Comments

2 of 50 comments
Next