Dawn @ Creative Cain Cabin
Dawn @ Creative Cain Cabin
  • Bellevue, MI

How to Water a Tree for Guaranteed Survival

All you need to keep a transplanted tree alive is a bucket, water, nail and a hammer. This method is inexpensive and will take less than 10 minuets a day to do.
Easy water method to guarantee tree and shrub survival of new transplants
What you need: 5 gallon, clean bucket, a nail, and a hammer.
Hammer the nail into the bucket, leaving enough to grab.
Fill the bucket with water.
Fill the bucket with water.
Carry over to the transplant, pull the nail and direct the small stream of water towards the stem.  Do this morning and evening for 2 weeks.  I have never lost a tree using this method.
Carry over to the transplant, pull the nail and direct the small stream of water towards the stem. Do this morning and evening for 2 weeks. I have never lost a tree using this method.
Dawn @ Creative Cain Cabin

• Susan Ricke

If you don't want to ruin a bucket, use an aquarium hose (Walmart $3.00). Then suck the water up to the end of the hose and lay it on the ground where you want it. (Siphon method) It will slowly drip until the bucket is empty.

• Capernius

I know it's a wee bit more work, but it would work the same way.... I'm talking about putting a small valve on the bucket instead of trying to keep track of the nail you would need to plug to hole. with a small valve, it always there & all you need do is turn the valve to open/close it....