S. Denise H
S. Denise H
  • Molino, FL
Asked on Apr 27, 2012

How do you paint a concrete floor for a girls room?

Terri JPeace Painting Co., Inc.Pam
+3

teenage
  • Peace Painting Co., Inc.

That's a breeze. Just vacuum, damp mop and apply two coats of latex porch and floor paint. Go to your local paint store for the best products to chose from. And you'll like the way it cleans up. Best, Charles

• Burco Surface & Decor LLC.

You hire peace painting! Peace, I do a whole lot of things with concrete but i have never painted any. My gut feeling tells me no matter how or what you do, sooner or later the paint will start peeling off, am i right? Whats the advantage to painting vs staining concrete? I know the stain wont peel off.

• Peace Painting Co., Inc.

Coating failure is unlikely because the paint will not get alot of exposure here. And it will mop a little easier than the stain. If say, it were an outdoor covered porch floor, stain would be the way to go. I've seen this done where folks have allergies and want to get rid of carpet. With a throw rug It's a great inexpensive option, even on plywood subfloor. Chas.

• Pam

I wouldn't paint concrete but I think stained concrete is as beautiful or more beautiful than any kind of flooring. And the durablillty can't be beat. Love what you do can do with concrete stains and even create designs on the concrete floors.Your work is exquisite.

• Peace Painting Co., Inc.

When I hear concrete stain, I think of the typical solid stain that looks like a paint. Exotic acid infused stains are beautiful but complicated. But there is a latex semi-transparent stain sold through Sher.Wms (by H&C), that is very pretty and relatively easy to apply. A clear coat goes on top for durability. This is great option if you are willing to go through a couple of extra steps than regular paint. Thanks for reminding me Pam.

q how do you paint a concrete floor for a girls room, concrete masonry, flooring, painting, Not close up enough to see the pattern but this latex concrete stain gets a clear coat
  • Terri J

A friend of mine did their son's room using paint. He did his in a cool design by making off areas to paint int different colors - made it sort of like a giant game board.