Leslie H
Leslie H
  • Oxford, GA
Asked on Jun 9, 2013

Wallpaper Backsplash

DfmDiana DeileyLisa love
+3

I am looking for an easy way to do a backsplash in the kitchen. I have stone over the stove. I would like to DIY near the sink.
  • Marilyn Highley

Sorry, I'm a little confused. Do you want to paint, or paper, or something else? Is this a backsplash on the wall "behind" the sink (so that it might get wet at times)? Thanks.

• Leslie H

I want to put wallpaper on the wall next to the sink. There could be food on that counter when we are entertaining. What has happen in the past is food spots get on the drywall which is currently painted under the cabinet

• Jenny Spiller

I would put something like the metal type squares or sheets of product that look like metal squares behind the sink. That way you wouldn't have to worry about wallpaper getting wet and peeling off.

• Lisa love

I like Jenny's idea.

• Diana Deiley

Self adhesive glass tiles would look wonderful and complement the stones that you have. Or, go with Jenny's suggestion about the tin squares. Bead board cleans up nicely too.

• Dfm

my lumber yard, and Menard's carry a line of stainless steal looking plastic panels for back splashes. about 25 bucks for a 18 by 24 inch piece. the individual stainless plastic tiles come as a six pack and cost twice as much. paint/ stenciling a tile look is much less expensive, and easier to update.