Copper-Outlined, Whimsical Forest Mural

"Every project is a lesson in creation...where revision is progress...illuminating visions of a mind at play." These words sum up the lesson I was reminded of while painting the second coat of my daughter's wall mural.
A few years ago, I saw a photo of a whimsical forest wall mural with repeating trees, and I held that idea in my mind, as a feeling I would love to recreate.
Now, with only a faint memory of that idea, and my own little sketch that I doodled, I set to work painting my daughter's accent wall.
copper outlined whimsical forest mural, painting, wall decor
With pencil in hand, I took to sketching out my paper design onto my daughter's wall, eyeballing proportions. I whittled away a chunk of my eraser as I revised my plan as I worked. I stepped back after each new shape to check if I liked it or not.
After many color adjustments, mixing various leftover wall paints together, I finally arrived at a first coat that I loved. I let it sit for a night, and came back to look at it the next morning. Deciding I had finally uncovered a wall we could all enjoy, I painted on the second coats of each color, including the Martha Stewart copper toned craft paint as the outline.
We love our first wall mural. I am so thankful that it turned out to be simpler once I relaxed, and let the painting reveal itself. :)
Yvonne @ Sunnyside Up-Stairs

• Linda Abate

This is so adorable. This idea would be cute as a headboard and it could be framed out so that it looks like a giant painting. Love it.

• Margaret

Love this and I bet your daughter does also!