Jeff C
Jeff C
  • Broadview Heights, OH
Asked on Apr 29, 2012

Can anyone recommend a good hammock that can be left outside during the spring and summer? Hoping it's under $200

Jeff CKimmie WPhyllis H
+7

I have a hammock that I like from a Virginia company named Twin Oaks. It's made from Envirope, a 100% recycled polyester fiber made mostly from recycled soft-drink bottles. I like it because while it feels like cotton, it has the durability and weather-ability of polyester. I never bring it indoors. http://www.twinoakshammocks.com/Envirope-p-1-c-263.html

q can anyone recommend a good hammock that can be left outside during the spring and, decks, outdoor furniture, painted furniture, My Twin Oaks hammock
  • I bought a green nylon hammock years ago at Target and it held up great! Plus it doesn't get mildew like the cotton hammocks. II think it was less than $80 and if I remember correctly, I bought it at Target.

• Rebecca D

The free standing hammock ? Never met a hammock that liked me.LOL...

• Kathy P

I would definitely be interested in this answer! I love my hammock but putting it up and bringing it in all of the time is a hassle!

• Rose I

I recommend Nags Head Hammock. Worth the price :) I buy hammock almost every year bec. of mildew and not durable enough to last at least a year. Used target brand, bed bath and beyond brand, home depot and Lowe's last for at least a year or two but with Nags Head hammock looks like new every year :) Love it!

• Ana M

Except for "pollen" season when hammocks could get covered in pollen. We from the tropical countries keep our hammocks outside permanently, rain or shine. Unless it's a huge thunderstorm.

• Phyllis H

We had a Hammock from NC that lasted for years. The only thing that got it was the birds and squirrels started using it for their nests after we moved it to the backyard. We loved it though. I thought the single one was big enough for the 2 of us.

• Kimmie W

Check QVC has a nice one that"s heavy duty and can be folded and put in a bag for storage

• Jeff C

Thank you all for the suggestions, I'm still looking around. Have any of you had experience with these Pawley's Island Duracord hammocks? They seem to have quite a few 5 star reviews on Amazon - http://www.amazon.com/Pawleys-Island-Original-Collection-DuraCord/dp/B000652DCW/ref=sr_1_6?s=lawn-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1336111339&sr=1-6

• Susan Bechamp

I have a Pawley Island double wide hammock I bought in 2001 from Ace Hardware. It spent eight summers in among the trees at two different houses. I still have it. It's in good condition but doesn't get the use it had in the past.