Tanya
Tanya
  • Isle Of Man

Gardening Project: Recycled Succulent Planter

The idea for this project came to me after a recent trip. I've started bringing plants home as souvenirs and this time I found a small succulent.
I also had two metal oil containers knocking around so I came up with the idea of using them to display small clumps of many of the succulents I have growing around the house.
gardening project recycled succulent planter, container gardening, gardening, repurposing upcycling, succulents
First I collected succulents from around the yard. I actually was quite surprised at how many I had! If you don't have them, you can always order them online or visit your local garden center.
Next I took the top off, made holes in the front of the tin, filed the edges down, and then spray painted it with gold spray paint suitable for outdoor use.
After it was dry, it was planting time. I put my piece from Romania at the top and filled the other holes with different types of succulents. I love how the gold background makes it looks like a collection of precious gems!
My recycled metal planter is sitting outside and catching the sun's light every time I pass by. It certainly lights up my face whenever I see it :)
Tanya