Julie Briggs
Julie Briggs
  • Syracuse, NY

DIY Farmhouse Table (aka "Franken-Table")

Do you have an old table in your house that could use an update? I had a table stashed in my basement that either needed a makeover or it needed to GO....so I gave it an easy, budget friendly farmhouse transformation.
diy farmhouse table aka franken table , dining room ideas, diy, how to, painted furniture, woodworking projects
I decided to make over an old dining room table I had been storing for years.
Because my table had a big leaf, the base I planned to use for the new table was actually in two separate pieces, so step #1 was to take the whole thing apart.
We rebuilt the base using metal straps to connect the two halves.
We used the old supports that used to work the expandable part of the table as cross pieces because they already had the holes drilled in them, which made it really easy to assemble.
Once we had the base put back together, we cut 2x6" boards to make the new top.
It came out great, and wasn't difficult at all - even with our limited carpentry skills! For complete details, please visit my blog.
Julie Briggs