Brooke @ Start at Home
Brooke @ Start at Home
  • Centerville, UT

How to Update Your Build Grade Door

Door started to bubble and chip all the way down to the metal. I knew it was time to either refinish the door or replace it. I started looking around for new doors but the ones a really wanted were around $3000 and unfortunately that isn't in the budget right now.
how to update your build grade door, curb appeal, diy, doors, home improvement, how to, painting
Meanwhile my husband had the most brilliant idea to case in the door to match the upper windows. I love when my husband gets these ideas, I don't argue I just let him do his thing!
First he cased the brick around the door and then he added the hardy board to the outside edges.
Once the sides were dry we added the header
I wanted to spray our door rather then hand paint it. You can see all the details and steps on the Blog!
Here is how it looks now!! What a transformation!

• Hardy board
Brooke @ Start at Home

• Jerry Murphy

What's HARDY BOARD as I live in Britain ??

• Msi1170121

Door edges How did you paint the. 1/4 inch or so that "hides" behind the door facing on three sides? Every time. I paint the door, they are either missed or get stuck on the facing ( I cannot remove the door....too heavy for me to do).

• B. Enne

I hope you don't mind me answering, but she says in her blog, that she took the door off the hinges and sprayed it in her spray booth.