Jayme
Jayme
  • Bellaire, MI

Home Mushroom Growing: Part 2

Learned last year how to grow oyster mushrooms on a roll of toilet paper. This was a very cool winter project as you don't have to rely on outside Mother Nature to grow these.
home mushroom growing part 2, gardening
home mushroom growing part 2, gardening
home mushroom growing part 2, gardening
home mushroom growing part 2, gardening

• Denise Rankin

I have the TP on top of a stack of cardboard in a very large plastic tub out on my deck, under the roof. I had it covered for several weeks (about 3 weeks). I took the top cover off two weeks ago when I noticed some fruiting. I had placed some cardboard on the sides of the tub that extended the height of the enclosure. I think that the sides are too high and blocking the air flow. No plastic bags or cotton used. It seems to be growing but does not look quite like the pictures of the type I ordered. I'll let you know if it developes better over the next few weeks.

• Virginia

http://www.gmushrooms.com/pots.htm < this looks like some kits, but I bet we could find it all on youtube for freeeeeeee (but we needs the shrooms).