Repurposed Tiered Stand Bird Feeder

$2

We love feeding our feathered friends and making bird feeders from thrift store finds is always fun, and inexpensive.
And this has got to be one of the easiest bird feeder projects ever! No tools required.
I started with this silver plate tiered stand that I found at a thrift store for $2.
One day when I was looking through my stash of stuff for projects I found it and this idea just popped into my head. It has a few little dings, but the birds won't care. The tiered stand that is... not my head. lol.
I easily twisted the pieces apart. Not all tiered stands come apart so check to make sure it does before you buy one.
And then I easily put them back together. This time the small tray that was on the top was put on the bottom.
The middle tray is still the middle tray.
And the large tray that was on the bottom now went at the top, with its bottom up.
This acts like a roof and give the seed some protection from the rain.
So here's my upside down tiered stand bird feeder.
It holds a lot more seed than I thought it would.
I scared 3 birds away when I was trying to take some pics, but this little guy wasn't budging.
I guess he was hungry. lol.
I hung this bird feeder in a shaded area so it doesn't heat up too much. We don't want any birdies to get hot feet.
I've seen so many different tiered stands at thrift stores and yard sales over the years... glass, aluminum, wood, pottery, and silver plate like this one, but I never thought of using them as bird feeders until now.
I'll be looking for more in the future. I'm sure my feathered friends wouldn't mind a few more hanging restaurants. :) And I love an easy project.
If you enjoyed this bird feeder idea check out my Repurposed Vintage Sieve Bird Feeder .

Spring Cleaning Tricks for the Kitchen
15 Clever Ways To Repurpose Old Light Bulbs
Do Your Kitchen Cabinets Need an Update?
12 Container Garden Ideas to Kick Off Spring
Color Me Thrifty

• Hannah V
    Hannah V

So great!

• Alien Carraz
    Alien Carraz

I like your idea very much. I'll make something similar but with wood. We have all kinds of birds coming every morning so I'm sure that tese guys will love to have a free food restaurant right at side of their favorite tree.