Joy2Journey
Joy2Journey
  • Andover, MN
Asked on Apr 30, 2012

Planting a ... planter :)

Joy2Journey360 Sod (Donna Dixson)Douglas Hunt
+7

From start ...
From start ...
planting a planter, gardening
planting a planter, gardening
planting a planter, gardening
To finish!
To finish!
3 planters all done and waiting for summer :)
  • KMS Woodworks

We lost the last of the snow in our yard a few days ago...we still have a drift along the road at the end of the drive...out last "frost"date is still some weeks out. I'm thinking about resurrecting our flower boxes this year. They have been a bit neglected these last couple years.

• Susan S

Really pretty Bj. I love to watch the progression of young plants. They're so small when we first place them in planters but week by week you can see how much they start to fill out and grow. Pretty soon the pot is full & lushious!!

• Joy2Journey

I love the whole process ... from planting to enjoying them and in the fall ... planting them in my yard! :)

Very nice. And yes, you should definitely transplant those heuchera into your garden in the fall. (Mulch them well as they can be susceptible to frost heaving in the winter, especially when planted late.)

• Joy2Journey

@Douglas Hunt I planted them in my garden! Thank you for your tip!

I hope they will be happy there, and give you many years of enjoyment.

• 360 Sod (Donna Dixson)

I really like that pot. Where and how much did you pay for it , if you don't mind my asking?

• Joy2Journey

@360 Sod (Donna Dixson) I don't mind at all. I got the pots at JoAnn Fabrics of all things. LOL, I know I know. Not where you would think you would find pots. They were on sale and I think about $20 a piece. Don't quote me on that but I remember I got a GREAT deal :)

• 360 Sod (Donna Dixson)

I does sound like a good deal! Looks like a $60ish pot to me. Did you have to drill a hole in the bottom?

• Joy2Journey

@360 Sod (Donna Dixson) I didn't have to drill a hole. They had them! Yay me. I saw the great deal and I bought them. I know what these planters in this size go for!!! I have 3 of them for in front of the garage.